Doodles In The Rough

Former illustrator and designer out of the loop for a couple of years to start a family jumps back into the swing of things by posting rough drawings for Illustration Friday's challenges

Monday, February 22, 2010

Propagate

prop·a·gate
   /ˈprɒpəˌgeɪt/ Show Spelled [prop-uh-geyt] Show IPA verb,-gat·ed, -gat·ing.
–verb (used with object)
1.
to cause (an organism) to multiply by any process of natural reproduction from the parent stock.
2.
to reproduce (itself, its kind, etc.), as an organism does.
3.
to transmit (hereditary features or elements) to, or through, offspring.





First off, I think it is sad that I actually had to look up this word to make sure I knew it's true meaning.. or at least know it enough to make sure my illustration fit it. It's just not a word you hear very often anymore. Or at least I don't.

Anyway, when I did read the word in question my immediate thought was that credit card commercial where the dad is buying his daughter a bunny but while waiting on the credit card to go through the rabbits multiply so rapidly that there are bunnies everywhere! See here for the only link to the commercial I could find: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhieUXAapz8

Then I kind of felt sympathy for all the mama bunnies out there. So that is what brought about this sketch.

2 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

Wonderful wee drawing and funny comment. I'd love to do an animation of your idea (I should learn how to do animation) of the dad at the cash with his card and the shop owner has to keep reentering the amount as the bunnies mount up (woops, didn't plan that felicitous choice of words!) In short, I like it.

3:50 AM  
Blogger zann said...

@Connie - oh the multiplying bunnies is not my idea originally - it was actually a commercial. I finally found a link which I've added to the post.

4:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home