Doodles In The Rough

Former illustrator and designer out of the loop for a couple of years to start a family jumps back into the swing of things by posting rough drawings for Illustration Friday's challenges

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

back again. It's been over a year I believe since I last posted anything here. Having a little one sucked all my time away, but I've decided I need to exercise my brain and my drawing hand so I'm going to attempt getting back to quick sketching for illustration Friday again. I can't do any finished pieces anymore due to not having any time to do them in. A toddler is taking all my energy and working at night after she is in bed is taking my most of my time. To see how nice and neat my illustrations use to be look back at the past ones.

My drawings will likely be on whatever scrap of paper I can find at the moment and whatever media I can find to draw with during the day. But it's getting back in the game. And that's what I need. I am promising myself not to be intimidated by other people's awesome work this time. I will not worry if no one gets it but me. I will not worry if it fits the word perfectly...it will be whatever first comes to mind when I read the word. I will as they say "just do it".

So without further adu:
Focused
or as I like to call it "When a good eye goes bad"

2 Comments:

Blogger zann said...

egad! it's been over 2 years!

6:35 PM  
Blogger zara said...

Welcome back to IF :) Good for you for stealing time to draw even if it is on scraps of paper! I love your pirate very Arrrrrrrrrr!

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home