Doodles In The Rough

Former illustrator and designer out of the loop for a couple of years to start a family jumps back into the swing of things by posting rough drawings for Illustration Friday's challenges

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Adrift




Finally getting around to posting this. My work has become rough and rushed since having my daughter. I feel intimidated by the other things I see posted to IF. However I'm trying to look at it in a positive light. 1. I'm actually drawing for the fun of it again. 2. Perhaps the roughness will work its way into a new style for me. Who knows. Positive thinking it can do wonders.

Anyway -Here is my submission for the word "Adrift".
It was the first thing to come to mind with the talk of the Polar Icecaps melting. Though I'm not sure penguins live up there. As you can see it was drawn on a post-it from my husband's office. The last two were drawn on the back of my grocery lists. I'm thinking of changing the name of this blog to "Random Scraps of Paper"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home